JPP are a Multi Discipline Construction Consultancy offering a range of professional services within the construction industry.
Salary: Competitive (subject to experience)
Full time position
This is an opportunity to join JPP Consulting as a Senior Civil Engineer in our Northampton Office.
Main role and duties:
• Lead a number of engineers and technicians within a design team, being responsible for their management and the efficient and timely delivery of their output.
• Undertake conceptual and feasibility design, as well as detailed design independently.
• Undertake and manage thorough checking of technical content of work carried out by others to ensure that deliverables are correct and in accordance with all relevant standards, guidance and regulations.
• Manage a number of projects at any one time, overseeing the production and delivery within the office.
• Attending client and design team meetings to convey and relay key issues on technical matters, as well as programme, contractual and commercial matters, with support from colleagues and managers.
• Responsible for training of others and controlling quality of drawings within the office.
• Co-ordination with colleges in other offices to ensure consistent standards are provided nationwide.
• Partake in internal peer reviews and pro-actively encourage knowledge dissemination within the company.
• Comply with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and procedural standards
Experience, qualifications and attributes
• To be an ICE Chartered Engineer, or well on the way to achieving Chartership
• good experience and understanding of highway and drainage design
• very familiar with S104, S38, S278 sectional agreements
• Strong IT knowledge and skills
• Have a desire to work on a variety of project types and learn new skills to meet the needs of our clients.
• Have sound technical abilities and confidence, whilst knowing self-limitations.
• Understand and confidently use a number of civil engineering design software packages independently. These would ideally include Causeway PDS, Civil 3D, MicroDrainage, AutoCAD or similar
• Must have strong communication skills, being confident to liaise with clients, local authorities, Water Companies, contractors and colleagues alike
• Be able to motivate and inspire staff within their team and around them.
• Must be pro-active in self-directed CPD and keep up to date with appropriate standards and regulatory legislation, as well as developing staff within their team.
• Must hold a full clean driving licence.
• Must be prepared to travel UK wide and stay away from home on occasion.
To apply, please upload or email a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Call us on 01604 781811 if you would like more information on this vacancy.