Salary: Competitive (subject to experience)
Full time position
JPP are a Multi Discipline Construction Consultancy offering a range of professional services within the construction industry. The fastest growing part of this company is its Geotechnical and Environmental division, which is involved in projects ranging from large commercial units to smaller residential developments.
This is an opportunity to join JPP Geotechnical and Environmental as it continues to grow its market share and work with a range of national clients in a multi disciplined approach.
We are looking for a geo-environmental engineer with 1-2 years experience to join our team.
Main role and duties
- Design, implement and manage ground investigations for geotechnical and contamination assessments.
- Undertake fieldwork with supervision of various site contractors, soil and rock logging, in situ testing, sampling and scheduling laboratory testing.
- Experience of factual and interpretative reporting.
- Some knowledge of carrying out detailed qualitative and quantitative contamination risk assessments in line with current standards and guidance.
- Some knowledge of carrying out geotechnical assessments with detailed technical analysis and interpretation to inform foundation and pavement design, embankments, retaining walls and basement construction.
- Liaison with clients, other professionals and regulators such as NHBC, LA, EA and BC.
- Other duties associated with the role such as production of remediation specifications, verification and soil waste classification.
Experience, qualifications and attributes
- Minimum BSc or BEng in geology or environmental science related degree.
- Working towards chartership status CEng, CGeol, CEnv.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a geo-environmental engineer.
- Have excellent technical knowledge for geology, ground engineering and contaminated land.
- Have excellent reporting, interpretation and communication skills.
- Have an aptitude for multi-task project management in the field and the ability to modify investigations ad hoc.
- Must be pro-active in self-directed CPD and keep up to date with appropriate standards and regulatory legislation.
- Must hold a full clean driving licence.
- Must be prepared to travel UK wide and stay away from home on occasion.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV to [email protected]